Friday 19 October 2007

True story...

I was in the pub the other day, paying for some food. I had to pay using my switch card, so the Japanese girl working behind the bar gave me the card terminal thing, I typed my PIN in, and gave it back to her. The resulting conversation follows:

Her: "What's your PIN?"

Me: "Er, what?"

Her: "Your PIN?"

Me: "I've put it in already!"

Her: "Er... No, your pin... Your badge."

Me: "Ah, I see... It's a badger."

Her: "Yes, a badge... What is it?"

Me: "A badger."

Her: "A badge."

Me: "It's a badger."

Her: "Er... Ah! A badger... What's a badger?"

Me: "Um...? It's like a... Wild animal that lives in England... Like a dog, but not a dog... Black and white, big, pointy teeth and claws."

Her: "I've never heard of a badger before!"

Me: "???"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny. I like the punchline.