Monday 6 August 2007

Long-winded music pun no. 2

One afternoon, Greg the concert promoter was out fishing, following a difficult week, what with that Beyonce thing. But he could feel his luck was turning, and, sure enough, he felt a tug on his fishing rod at just that moment that he was thinking that thing he was just thinking.

With dazzling speed, he whipped his line out of the water to see, thrashing on the end of it, a plump, juicy salmon. It was a whopper!

As he landed it on the deck of his boat, he was sure he could hear the fish singing. Some old Atlantic Soul thing. But he ignored it. Just his imagination, of course. He'd had a stressful week.

Then, as he was getting out his knife to gut the fish, it started screaming. "Hold on!" it shouted, "I'm comin'!"

Greg was stunned! "You can talk!", he said. "Dat's right!", replied the fish, cool as anything, "I's the most talented fish in all God's creation! Why, I got more soul than sole, brother!"

"This is incredible!", said Greg, "it's fantastic! Don't worry, I'm not gonna kill you now. I'm a concert promoter, and I think you could be huge! What's you name, son? I'm gonna make you a star!"

"You mean you don't know?!", asked the fish, indignant, "I'm Salmon Dave!"

No comments: